Who we are
We are GAPA Advisory Limited. Our website address is: https://careertips.ie
GAPA Advisory Limited (CareerTips.ie) fully respects your right to privacy and will not collect any personal information about you without your clear permission. Any personal information, which you provide to CareerTips.ie, will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 to 2018, and the General Data Protection Regulation.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
“Personal data” is data that can identify you, either directly or indirectly, as an identified or identifiable individual. When you engage with us via the website, web forms, questionnaires, or by letter, telephone, or personally, we collect personal data in accordance with the law. The following describes the information we collect and how we obtain it:
A) Information Collected Through CareerTips.ie Services.
- Information That You Voluntarily Give Us
- For surveys, research, forms, and questionnaires: usually full name and email, but we ask you for your consent to use this information when you participate in these programs and events.
- For billing: to process payments, we collect and use your payment information.
- For services: in certain circumstance, when you use our consultancy services, we (may) also collect from you:
- home and work phone numbers,
- mobile numbers,
- date of birth,
- your bank account details,
- credit card details, or other payment details,
- details of your relationship to other parties,
- details of your membership of professional or other organisations,
and any other data which you ask us to process on your behalf, or which is necessary for us to process in order to fulfill our role in providing consultancy services to you, including your:
- work history,
- Information Collected Automatically
- Google Analytics: we collect website usage statistics to check what content is interesting to our readers. Click HERE to read more about what identifiers are being collected through that service.
- Information That You Voluntarily Give Us
B) Information Collected From Other Sources.
- Privately Owned Databases:
Marketing, data analytic, and social media-owned databases give us access to a range of information — like public data, survey data, and beyond. This data sometimes includes your mailing address, your gender, your age, your name, your employment status, etc.
- Social Media Platforms and Other Third-Party Services:
(Social media platforms include Facebook, Instagram. Third-party services include Google, LinkedIn)
We receive information from you when you interact with our pages, groups, accounts or posts on social media platforms. This includes aggregate data on our followers (e.g., age, gender, and location), engagement data (e.g., “likes,” comments, shares, reposts, and clicks), awareness data (e.g., number of impressions and reach), and individual users’ public profiles.
If you visit our page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
When you visit our website we share very limited data with the Google Analytics service. We share your data with service providers to process payments, distributing emails, list processing, and analytics. When performing these tasks, service providers often have access to (some of) your personal information.
How long we retain your data
It depends. We store your personal information for as long as needed, or permitted, based on the reason why we obtained it (consistent with applicable law). This means we might retain your personal information even after we delivered the services to you.
When deciding how long to keep your information, we consider:
- How long we’ve had a relationship with you or provided our services to you
- Whether we are subject to any legal obligations (e.g., any laws that require us to keep transaction records for a certain period of time before we can delete them)
- Whether we have taken any legal positions (e.g., in connection with any statutes of limitation).
Rather than delete your data, we might de-identify it by removing identifying details.
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Questionnaires and forms may be processed via 3rd party services or Social Media.
GAPA Advisory Limited
How we protect your data
We protect your personal information with a series of organisational, technological, and physical safeguards — but we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have reason to believe your interaction with us is no longer secure, notify us immediately.
If we make a significant or material change in the way we collect, use or share your personal information, we will notify you at least 30 days prior to the changes taking effect. We will do this via email. If you object to any change, you can stop using our services.
What third parties we receive data from